MAC AND CHEESE BUN BURGERS
1 pound macaroni
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
8 ounces American cheese, cubed
12 ounces whole milk
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1½ cups all-purpose flour
4 eggs, beaten
1½ cups panko bread crumbs
Vegetable oil, for frying
1½-2 pounds ground beef, formed into hamburger patties
Salt and pepper
Red onion, sliced, to serve
Tomato, sliced, to serve
1. Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain the macaroni in a colander and return to the pot.
2. Add butter, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, American cheese, milk, salt, mustard powder, cayenne, and garlic to the pot. Turn heat up to medium-low and stir until cheeses are melted and all ingredients are well combined.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and pour onto a parchment paper-lined sheet tray. Spread evenly with a spatula, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Once cooled, use a ring mold or rounded container roughly 4-inches in diameter to cut out 6-8 “buns.”
5. Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls. Dip each macaroni bun in flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs, coating evenly.
6. Preheat vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C).
7. Place the macaroni buns gently in oil and fry 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
8. Season hamburger patties liberally with salt and pepper. In a cast-iron skillet over high heat, sear patties to desired doneness, flipping halfway through.
9. Place burger between two mac and cheese buns and top with sliced onions and tomatoes.
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Rail On_Full Mix.aif
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.