Here is what you’ll need!
Download the new Tasty app: http://tstyapp.com/m/mFqUXJtD3E
Reserve the One Top: http://bit.ly/2v0iast
Servings: makes 24-32 dumplings
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1¼ cups warm water
2 cups red cabbage
2 cups green onions, sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons ginger, minced
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ pound ground pork
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup mushrooms, diced
¾ cup carrots, diced
½ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Combine the flour, salt, and warm water and mix until well combined.
2. Roll out dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
3. Separate the dough into 4 equal parts.
4. Roll out the piece into a thin log and divide into 6 or 8 pieces depend on the size of dumplings you want.
5. Lightly flour the divided piece of dough and roll out piece to a thin circle roughly 4-inches in diameter.
6. Keep the dumpling wrappers separated with parchment paper, and repeat with remaining dough.
7. Combine cabbage, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil and mix until well incorporated.
8. For the pork filling, combine the ground pork with salt, pepper and 1 cup of the cabbage mixture and stir until well incorporated.
9. For the veggie filling combine mushrooms and carrot and microwave for 3 minutes, until soft. Add 1 cup of the cabbage mixture and stir until well incorporated.
10. For the shrimp filling, combine shrimp with 1 cup of the cabbage mixture and stir until well incorporated.
11. To assembly dumplings, add roughly 1 heaping tablespoon of filling into the center of a dumpling wrapper.
12. With your finger lightly coat 1 half of the outside of the wrapper with water.
13. Seal the dumplings using your prefered method.
14. With pleating, start from one side and pleat the half of the dumpling closest to you, keeping the other half still.
15. Heat oil on medium high in a pan and add a few dumplings, cooking them in batches.
16. Once the bottom of the dumplings start to brown, add in a splash of water and cover witg a lid.
17. Steam for roughly 5 minutes, or until dumplings are cooked and water has evaporated.
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.