Here is what you’ll need!
Crispy Chili Beef
300 grams frying steaks
100 grams cornflour
1 tablespoon Chinese 5 spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 litre oil, for frying
2 red chilies
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
25 grams ginger, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
Spring onions, to garnish
Red chilies, to garnish
1. Slice the steaks into thin strips and place into a small bowl.
2. Add the cornflour, 5 spice, salt, and pepper, and mix until evenly coated.
3. Carefully heat the oil in a deep saucepan until it reaches 190°C (375°F).
4. Carefully place the beef strips into the oil and fry for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
5. lace on some tissue to soak up the excess oil and set a aside.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by frying the chilies, spring onion, ginger, and garlic paste for a few minutes in a frying pan over a medium heat.
7. Stir in the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, red wine vinegar, and tomato ketchup until thick.
8. Stir in the beef steaks until evenly coated.
9. Garnish with spring onion and red chilies.
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network