Here is what you’ll need!
Makes 15 meatballs
1 large egg
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Remove each end of the zucchinis and use a cheese grater to shred into a large mixing bowl.
2. Sprinkle salt over shredded zucchini, toss, and let rest for 20 minutes to pull out excess moisture.
3. Preheat oven to 375˚F/190˚C.
4. Using a dish towel/cloth squeeze out excess liquid from the shredded zucchini.
5. Move the zucchini to a dry mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
6. Stir until evenly mixed and form into golf ball-sized balls.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until browned, flipping halfway through.
8. Serve over pasta with your choice of sauce.
Inspired by: http://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-meatballs_20/
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.